While it’s true that every mother appreciates a bouquet of flowers, breakfast in bed, and maybe a nice piece of jewelry for Mother’s Day, there is also something to be said about enjoying a fun (and maybe new) experience with your family to celebrate the occasion.
I’ve always been a little keener on experiences over physical gifts, so I’ve decided to round up a few out-of-the-box ideas to help you and your family celebrate Mother’s Day this weekend.
- Design some Mommy & Me outfits with local fashion designer, Amanda Perna. You can reach out to email@example.com to schedule! Photo courtesy of Amanda Perna
- Go to the local Delray Beach Library and read/check out some books (or a movie!)
- Enjoy a staycation in Palm Beach County – whether you opt to stay a little closer to home or venture to a nearby town, staycations can be a really fun (& easy) way to enjoy some time away from home without having to go too far! Hot tip: Hotel Tonight has a lot of great last-minute booking dealsPhoto courtesy of Opal Grand
- Check out Loggerhead Marine Center & adopt a sea turtle while you are there
- Put together an ArtNest Mother’s Day Kit with the kids
- Enjoy a crafty Mother’s Day at Craft Haus in Palm Beach Gardens. Bonus: Mom’s get 20% off on Mother’s Day! Photo Courtesy of Coffee Haus
- Experience Delray Beach Children’s Garden, become a member, and receive $10 discount and a free Peanut Butter tree! Image Courtesy of Delray Beach Children's Garden
- Learn all about marine life at Sandoway Discovery Center and follow it up with a fun day at the beach! Rent a cabana and some chairs from Oceanside Beach Services.
- Tour the Cornell Art Museum in Downtown Delray & receive a complimentary faux floral arrangement.
- Take the family downtown to do some shopping for mom and receive a free orchid when you spend $200+ out downtown Delray shops Image Courtesy of the Downtown Development Authority
Or keep it super simple…
- Create an at-home movie experience and stream a movie you’ve been dying to see. Build a cozy fort with pillows & blankets, twinkle lights, popcorn, the works!
There are so many fun experiences to be had in Palm Beach County, so gather the family together and check off one of these fun adventures from your bucket list – what a fun and unique way to celebrate Mother’s Day!
Prefer to have a few hours of “me” time on Mother’s Day, check out the new Delray Beach Market for their first Mom-osa Brunch! Free mimosas for Moms all day long!
Image Courtesy of Delray Beach Market
Or book a “spa day” at Bella Reina Spa – They are offering some incredible Mom-Spa Escapes!
Whichever way you decide to spend the day, just remember, you are amazing, and one day does not even begin to celebrate all that you do, mamas!
Macaroni Kid Boynton Beach - Delray Beach is a FREE resource helping you find family-friendly things to do in your area!
Sign up to receive a weekly calendar of events, guides to activities, local information, and much more.
Find Your Family Fun!